Saturday, February 2, 2013

Some Color Please!

  This week has been a rainy, gloomy week! I am looking forward to the sunshine! Could we just fast forward to May? Please?
  So with this dark weather I have compiled a topic for the week, colorful and bright nails! I have noticed the whole neon, pastel theme going on in the fashion world and would like to add on to it! Also how about some rainboots? With all the rain felt around the world during winter and spring, some boots would be a nice addition to any casual outfit!!

  First off, nails! Maybe due to Pinterest, a load of people are getting creative with painting nails! I have noticed these intricute, creative designs that are so cute!!! With the use of tape, q-tips, etc the list of ways to create are infinite!

  Now also on the market is stick on nails! When I first heard of them last year I thought they would be somewhat cheap looking but oh.... was I so wrong! They are so amazing! Just last week I bought a set from Sally Hanson and they make my nails look so nice! With different designs and styles you can pair them with any outfit! There are sparkly metallic and rhinestone sets, flowery and colorful designs, and textural designs! I tried out a floral set that had just a bit of sparkle rimmed around some petals! They stayed on for the whole week and I  got so many compliments! I found mine from Rite Aid! You can find them at any drug store! Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc!

  The rain has been falling for a while now! So the idea of rain boots of course came to my mind when thinking of a post for this week! I have noticed that rain boots are quite in right now! When paired with skinnies and a pretty blouse they can look absolutely adorable! You could even pair them with a light dress and cute raincoat!
Nordstrom, $135.00  

  The brand Hunter sells adorable and simple looking rain boots in an assortment of colors! You can find them at Nordstrom or I even found some on Zappos.com! My rain boots (shown below) were hand -me downs from my sister! They are Latitudes and were only $40.00 when she got them! I usually pair them with my skinnies and peacoat in the winter or a lighter raincoat in the spring! If you need a cheap find, Thrift stores, Hardware, or Feed stores usually have inexpensive rain boots that can be very cute!










 I hope this helped for when the weather is a bit soggy and gloomy! Enjoy the rest of your week!

  Auf Wiedersehen! -Ingrid

1 comment:

  1. A lovely post Ingrid!

    I have a light blue pair of hunters that are divine. The bright nails are a great way to add a bit of color on a gloomy day. I love the ones you displayed.

    ReplyDelete