Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Going Bananas!

    Since I can remember I have loved bananas! Banana cake, pie, smoothie, yogurt, milkshake, ice-cream, etc, etc! So when I woke up this morning and saw that my schedule was free (finally!) I whipped out a shopping list and decided to make Banana Cupcakes! Now these aren't just any ordinary cupcakes! Oh no... I went all out and used some handy dandy Nutella! The greatest invention since sliced bread, Nutella can be used on just about anything! I made my cupcakes and topped them off with some Nutella and Buttercream frosting and was done! I had created the cupcake from heaven *sigh*. So heres what you need to know to make your own delectable treat!


Ingredients for Cupcake:

- Betty Crocker's Gluten Free (White) Cake Mix
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 1 Stick Butter (Softened)
- 2 Teaspoons Imitation Banana Extract
- 3 eggs

(Now you can make the cupcakes with any mix you want! I am Gluten-Free and wanted something simple to use so I chose Betty Crocker's mix which makes great cakes and cupcakes! Make sure to just use Banana extract instead of Vanilla when baking for this particular treat ;) )

Ingredients for Frosting:

- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Nutella

Cupcake Materials
Frosting Materials
    Now that we have our ingredients its time to BAKE! For me to get into a mood of baking I usually blast some Marina and the Diamonds, Imagine Dragons, or my new fave Selena Gomez's album, Stars Dance! Get on a cute dress, apron and get cooking! First you make the cupcakes! Pre-heat your oven to 350 F. Now mix all of your ingredients (Cake Mix, water, butter, banana extract, and eggs) in a bowl till it is all mixed together. Now fill a muffin tin with baking cups and fill the tins half full with batter. Stick in oven and bake for 18-23 minutes!


Now lets move on to the best part of these cupcakes... THE FROSTING!! First mix together the butter in a mixing bowl until it is fluffy, next you will at the powdered sugar and mix until they are combined. Then add the vanilla and heavy cream and mix for 3 to 4 minutes. Now separate the frosting (in half) and put one half into a bowl. With the frosting still in the bow add in your Nutella and mix until it is fully incorperated into the frosting.
  When your cupcakes are done let them cool and then put your frostings into two frosting bags. If you don't have these you can always cut a corner off of a ziplock bag and use that instead. Alternate frosting the cupcakes so that you get a swirl effect. Garnish with a sliced banana and enjoy!

  I hope that you enjoyed this recipe! As you can see the website has a new look :)! I decided to give it a new name! This will be the last name change. I got the idea for it because one of my biggest style icons is Audrey Hepburn and her movie Breakfast at Tiffany's was so good (Also check out Funny Face, Sabrina, and Roman Holiday!). I hope you all have a fantastic day!

   Ta-ta for now! -Ingrid

No comments:

Post a Comment